London Press Office (national media and London area enquiries only – not questions about personal claims) 020 3267 5144 Out-of-hours (journalists only) 07623 928 975 England and Wales (local media enquiries) 029 20 586 then 097 or 098 or 099 Caxton HouseTothill StreetLondonSW1H 9NA Press Office Scotland (local media enquiries) 0131 310 1122
how nutritional products are categorised by the ACBS evidence required for applications relevant nutritional legislation The documents can be used when filling out the nutritional products application form. This set of documents contains supporting information for use in submitting a nutritional product for consideration by the Advisory Committee for Borderline Substances (ACBS). This includes:
Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Photo: Ashley Buttle / CC BY 2.0JAMESTOWN – Add guns to the list of things you can now buy at a drive-thru.The Federal Government signed off on a new rule that allows gun dealers to provide a drive-up or walk-up service.The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives said the move is in response to questions about how gun dealers can sell the weapons during the pandemic.The guns must be bought on the gun dealer’s property. Last month, the FBI reported more than three million background checks as people rushed to get weapons during the COVID-19 crisis.
View Comments Rivers appeared on the Great White Way in Fun City, Broadway Bound and Sally Marr…and her escorts, for which she was nominated for a Tony Award. She was reportedly in talks to reprise her performance in Sally Marr, which she wrote alongside Erin Sanders and Lonny Price. In 1959, she starred on stage in the off-Broadway play Driftwood opposite a relatively unknown Barbra Streisand. Of late, she was most known for her work as co-host on E!’s Fashion Police and the WE TV reality series Joan & Melissa: Joan Knows Best?. “Under our criteria,” Broadway League executive director Charlotte St. Martin told the newspaper, “People need to have been very active recently in the theater, or else be synonymous with Broadway.” She added, “We love Joan…but she hasn’t acted on Broadway in 20 years. When you say Joan Rivers, you don’t think comedy, television and Broadway. You think comedy and television.” Lights have, however, been dimmed for performers who are not necessarily known for their stage careers: of recent note, the late Robin Williams. He made his Broadway acting debut in 2011 in Bengal Tiger at the Baghdad Zoo and led the stand-up special Robin Williams: Live on Broadway in 2002. Williams was not Tony-nominated for either performance. Broadway theaters will not dim their lights to pay tribute to Tony nominee Joan Rivers. Rivers, a comedy icon and longtime friend to the Broadway community, died on September 4 at the age of 81 following surgery complications. According to The New York Times, the Broadway League has concluded that she did not meet the criteria for the traditional honor from the Great White Way.
Take our website survey for your chance to win a free subscription to our digital edition on your iPad or mobile device from Zinio! Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world’s leading questionnaire tool.
With infection numbers once again creeping up, fears are rising that the new school start could yet prove temporary.But officials warn that children cannot afford to miss more school. “The children need to be present in school because we have to prevent more lost time,” Steffen Kaestner, headteacher of the CJD Jugenddorf-Christophorus school in Rostock, told AFP.Strict rules have been drawn up to limit transmission of the new coronavirus, with cases across Germany rising above 500 per day in recent weeks. Different age groups are being taught separately, so that if a pupil tests positive, only one class will have to go into quarantine and the rest of the school can remain open. Masks must be worn in the corridors, classrooms regularly ventilated and pupils are required to wash their hands regularly and avoid hugging. CJD has 1,350 students aged 9-18. Only two are missing, a decision by their parents, “who belong to a risk group,” said the headteacher, but all the teachers are present.Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania has so far been the German state least hit by the coronavirus, with only 20 deaths out of a total 9,148 in Germany since the beginning of the crisis. Thousands of children in northern Germany became the first in Europe to begin a new school year on Monday, with the rest of the country watching anxiously as full-time classes began after months of curtailed hours over the coronavirus pandemic.Masks will be a daily accessory for some of the 150,000 children returning to school in the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania region, Germany’s first state to reopen the school gates after the summer holidays.Education ministers of Germany’s 16 states had agreed that schools will reopen full-time after the summer break, after offering only partial hours in the weeks when the lockdown was eased. Topics :
Criminal Justice Reform, Government That Works, Statement Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf released the following statement on the first meeting of the Justice Reinvestment Initiative (JRI) Working Group:“Today’s first Working Group meeting illustrates the depth and breadth of the problems facing our criminal justice system and the incredible opportunity we have to save money, improve public safety and promote fairness with this phase of the Justice Reinvestment Initiative in Pennsylvania. The working group is made up of a diverse and robust representation of the stakeholders in our criminal justice system from arrest, trial, sentencing, incarceration, and post-release.“The front-end focus of this phase of JRI will require significant work to find common ground but today’s meeting proves that we are all committed to finding ways to reform our criminal justice system based on research and focused on outcomes that improve public safety. I look forward to the work that will be done with our partners at the Council of State Governments over the next year and working in a bi-partisan, data-driven way to make real criminal justice reform a reality.”In February, Governor Tom Wolf, leaders of the General Assembly and criminal justice stakeholders announced the formation of the JRI Working Group. Today’s meeting was led by Chair of the JRI Working Group and Chairman of the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency Josh Shapiro and Vice Chair and Secretary of Corrections John Wetzel, along with representatives from the Council of State Government. JRI work is funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts and the United States Department of Justice.You can find a copy of the presentation of data compiled by the Council of State Governments here.Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf SHARE Email Facebook Twitter March 09, 2016 Governor Wolf Statement on First Meeting of Justice Reinvestment Initiative Working Group
Tweet The Girl Guides Association of Dominica winds down its 90th anniversary celebrations with a health fair this weekend.A collaboration with the Ministry of Health and themed, ‘Our Health, Our Wealth, Time to Take Control‘, the fair takes place this Saturday.Marcia Dublin of the Girl Guides Association of Dominica says the association realised that the adoption of healthy lifestyles in Dominica requires more encouragement and support even among the Girl Guides.Dublin said, “When the [girls]come to meetings, we notice the snacks that they bring. When we go camping, the sort of things that they bring along with them, and even what they ask for on the menu. We realized that this is very serious. Overall, at the national level as well, we noticed the concern in reference to non-communicable diseases, the threatening situation of cancer among very young persons, and the situation of HIV among our very young, working class persons. That has raised a bit of concern for us,” she shared.“Also the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts have raised a number of issues in relation to healthy lifestyles. We realized because of this, that as part of our 90th Anniversary, we need to focus a bit on healthy lifestyle.”Dublin says the association wanted to reach out to the public in an impactful way.Dublin said, “Throughout the years, we have always been highlighting at our meetings with the girls the need for healthy eating, the need also to maintain a healthy lifestyle and because of that we realized that we needed to do something. In order to do something at a national level, we thought it would be best if we could collaborate with the Ministry of Health. We were indeed so happy that they embraced the invitation.”On Saturday, patrons will have access to health checks and counselling services, as well as activities for children.The association labels it as a family event and encourages the general public to participate.It takes place on the Dame Eugenia Charles Boulevard from 9am to 3pm.The Girl Guides Association of Dominica was started in 1929 and to date has 700 members across the island.In 1987 it became an associate member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, and attained full membership in 2008. Sharing is caring! 57 Views no discussions LifestyleLocalNews Girl Guides Teach and Learn Healthy Lifestyles with Weekend Health Fair by: – December 12, 2019 Share Share Share
Gaspar would be the fourth judge tohandle the case following Judge Yvette Go of RTC, Branch 37; Judge Gelveson aspairing judge when Go went on leave; and Amular. RTC, Branch 35’s Judge Daniel AntonioGerardo Amular decided to inhibit from the case. In seeking the expropriation of PECO’sassets, MORE Power cited Section 10 of RA 11212 and Rule 67 Section 2 of theRevised Rules of Court authorizing it to take possession of, exercise controlover, and manage and operate all of the power distribution assets in IloiloCity. MORE Power filed the expropriationcase against PECO in March 2019 a month after President Rodrigo Duterte singedMORE Power’s franchise law (Republic Act 11212) as new power distributor inIloilo City. The city’s new power distributor alsopetitioned the court to determine the reasonable value of PECO’s powerdistribution system assets for just compensation, then order the transfer ofthe ownership of these upon payment of a just compensation. Judge Gelvezon approved the re-raffle. “Notwithstanding that the PresidingJudge performs his duties in accordance with the conscientious dictate of hisconscience and the applicable provisions of law, it has come to a point thatwhatever judgment the Presiding Judge would render in the case would not beaccepted by either the plaintiff or the defendant or maybe tainted with bias,”according to Amular. PECO, on the other hand, questionedthe constitutionality of RA 11212, specifically the sections on expropriation. The expropriation of PECO’s assets inits favor, according to MORE Power, would allow it to “immediately address andcorrect poor services, overcharging, frequent brownouts, expensive rates, oldand unsafe facilities and practices, and other service deficiencies that thiscity’s power users and consumers had long suffered.” “Since the court is the leastunderstood as an institution in the discharge of its function, the lack ofunderstanding of the rules and procedures in connection thereto would affectthe integrity of our courts to uphold the rule of law,” lamented Amular. By MORE Power’s own estimate, however,PECO’s power distribution system is valued at P481,842,450 – way below PECO’sprevious claim that its assets are worth at least P2 billion. In an order dated Jan. 15, Amularstated he opted to have the case re-raffled after consulting Executive JudgeVictor Gelvezon. The case was re-raffled to the sala ofRTC, Branch 33 of Judge Ma. Theresa Gaspar on Monday. PECO’s power distribution franchiseexpired on Jan. 19, 2019./PN MORE Power asked RTC, Branch 37 toissue a writ of possession authorizing it to take immediate control, operation,use, and disposition of PECO’s power distribution system assets. ILOILO City – A new Regional TrialCourt (RTC) branch and a new judge will be handling the expropriation casefiled by MORE Electric and Power Corp. (MORE Power) against Panay Electric Co.(PECO).
Mayor Jerry Treñas himself announcedthis latest COVID-19 case yesterday. He said he was “saddened.” * Bacolod City – eight * Iloilo City – seven The mayor apparently knew and wasclose to the patient. He said she was a daughter of his City Legal Officer,Atty. Edgar Gil, in an interview over DyFM Bombo Radyo. It was unclear if the patient knew shewas positive for COVID-19 already while in Metro Manila, or if she was testedthere before returning to Iloilo City. “Angcase tanga nag-positive isa ka taga-syudad.Nagpauli bangod napatay ang iloy. Sang naglisensya sia sa aton nga mapauli,indi tani magsugot ang aton COVID-19 team, galing may chance ngamaulayhun sia kag puede madala,” admitted Treñas. The number of COVID-19 mortalities inthe region is now at eight, said Reyes. Meanwhile, the number of recoveries isat 11 (Aklan, two; Capiz, two; Iloilo province, three; Negros Occidental, one;Bacolod City, two; and Iloilo City, one)./PN The woman was allowed to hitch on aprivate plane commissioned by the city government to get COVID-19 test kitsfrom Metro Manila last week, said Treñas. Treñas said a confirmatory test wassubsequently conducted. The patient tested positive again for the virus andthus became the region’s 55th case, and this city’s seventh case. The six other confirmed cases ofCOVID-19 in the city were thefollowing: * Guimaras – zero When the patient reached the city,Treñas said, she was subjected to a rapid test. The result: she was positivefor SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. * 59-year-old male fromMandurriao (region’s Patient No. 34) The mortalities were in Capiz (one),Iloilo province (four), Bacolod City (two), and Iloilo City (one). * 61-year-old from Mandurriao(region’s Patient No. 3), recovered ILOILO City – This city has recordedits seventh confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), a51-year-old woman from La Paz district with a history of travel to MetroManila. COVIDCASES IN WV NOW 55 The case, Western Visayas’ Patient No.55, was asymptomatic and currently on home quarantine, said Treñas. He was the region’s Patient No. 54,said Dr. Renilyn Reyes, head of the Public Health Program Development Clusterof the Department of Health (DOH) Region 6. Treñas, however, assured Ilonggos thatthe patient “followed protocols upon arrival, in strict home quarantine, andwas not exposed to other people.” * Aklan – six Aside from the 51-year-old woman fromLa Paz district, the other new COVID case in Western Visayas was a 69-year-oldmale from Bacolod City who died on April 9 at a hospital there before his testresult came out yesterday. * Capiz – five * 72-year-old male from Mandurriao (region’sPatient No. 11), died As of yesterday, here’s the breakdownof the region’s cases per area: * Negros Occidental – two * Antique – nine * 44-year-old male from La Paz(region’s Patient No. 40) * 44-year-old male from Jaro (region’sPatient No. 17) * 77-year-old female from Jaro(region’s Patient No. 48) * Iloilo province – 18