Tag Archives: 爱上海SE

Victor Osimhen gets new apartment in Naples

first_imgOsimhen has been living in a hotel since he joined the team last month, but he’s now set to move into his new home in Posillipo, before the start of the new season.The report also revealed that the Nigeria international Osimhen will live with his girlfriend Stephanie in Posillipo.At the last bcount, the 21-year-old Osimhen has been impressive for Napoli in pre-season so far, netting back-to-back hat-trick in wins against L’Aquila Calcio 1927 and Teramo.Read Also: PSG thought about buying Messi- LeonardoThe former Lille forward will hope to hit the ground running when the new Serie A season kick-off in the next couple of weeks.Napoli will trade tackles with Parma in two weeks’ time and Osimhen will be one of the players to watch during the encounter.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 According to Italian tabloid La Gazzetta Dello Sport the Napoli record signing has gotten an apartment in the chic neighborhood of Posillipo in Naples. Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe7 Worst Things To Do To Your Phone11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterIncredible Discoveries That Puzzled The Whole WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Amazing Characters We Wish Were Official Disney PrincessesA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”How Couldn’t You See The Impact Of These Women On Our Lives? Loading… Victor Osimhen has finally found a new apartment days after resuming pre-season training with his new club Napoli.Advertisementlast_img read more

Trojans OK with grind-it-out style

first_imgUSC coach Lane Kiffin often structures his offensive game plan around giving wide receivers sophomore Marqise Lee and junior Robert Woods the ball in space and trusting they will more often than not elude tacklers and spring free for sizable gains.Breakthrough · Even after struggling to net 26 rushing yards at Stanford on Sept. 15, USC coach Lane Kiffin did not shy away from running the ball against Cal. Silas Redd gained 158 yards, a season high. – Chris Pham | Daily TrojanOf course, opposing coaches are aware of this strategy, which is why USC is starting to encounter defensive schemes designed to blanket the two Biletnikoff Award candidates and force other Trojans to shoulder the offensive burden.Last Saturday against California, senior Curtis McNeal and junior Silas Redd — a vaunted backfield duo entering 2012 — finally validated the many who expected USC’s offense to be more balanced between the run and the pass than it had been through the first three games.“We’re seeing a change in defenses,” Kiffin said. “Almost every week that we play, we’re seeing a complete game plan about No. 9 [Lee] and No. 2 [Woods]. That’s one of the good things about throwing those guys the ball so much in the first couple of games: People do what they did today. They spend the whole week trying to take away those two guys, and that opens up your running game.”Facing a Cal defense fixated on not allowing the deep ball, McNeal and Redd combined for 273 yards on 31 carries in the game for a hefty 8.8 yards-per-carry average. In fact, it was the first time since 2008 that two Trojans ran for at least 100 yards apiece in the same game.“If defenses are going to stay back and play cover-two shell and force us to run, then we got to do it,” senior quarterback Matt Barkley said.The cover-two defense Cal used — a version of which USC employs itself — is designed to prevent long pass completions. In its base form, the cover-two is a zone defense with no man-to-man coverage played from a four-three personnel set (four defensive linemen, three linebackers). Two safeties divide the field into two deep zones, starting from about 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. Four defensive linemen rush the quarterback, while the three linebackers and two cornerbacks generally separate the field in front of the safeties into five smaller zones.Often facing only seven defenders in the middle of the field near the line of scrimmage — or in the “box” — last Saturday, USC sought to exploit the favorable running matchup at the expense of the more prolific passing numbers the Trojans usually amass.Though the game wasn’t Barkley’s flashiest performance, the veteran recognizes there are multiple ways to score points.“I don’t think we’re trying to win a certain way,” Barkley said about the shift in offensive approach. “I think we’re trying to score as many points as possible.”Aside from the type of defense Cal employed, Kiffin also diagnosed some favorable personnel matchups on film and knew the ground attack would be buoyed by senior center Khaled Holmes’ return to the starting lineup.“We thought we had some matchups that we liked [in the running game] up front,” Kiffin said. “Obviously, Khaled being back made a big difference for us — as you can see in the games he’s played versus the game he didn’t play — when it comes to running the ball and not giving up sacks.”Holmes, who exited the game in the fourth quarter after apparently re-aggravating the ankle he injured in the Syracuse game on Sept. 8, shored up a maligned offensive line unit that contributed to a paltry 26 net rushing yards against the Cardinal two weeks ago. His only notable mistake was a holding penalty he took on the Golden Bears’ six-yard line that negated a McNeal touchdown scamper.Still, USC strayed from its game plan and seemed hesitant to commit fully to the run at the beginning of the second half.Even after a first half in which Trojan running backs combined for 166 yards on just 13 carries and really only faltered once when Redd couldn’t convert third-and-one and fourth-and-one opportunities on a first-quarter drive, USC began the second half with a three-and-out on three consecutive pass plays.On the next series, Redd carried the ball on the first two plays for 20 combined yards as USC returned to the ground game. But McNeal fumbled on the Trojans’ 45-yard line in the series, and whether USC would revert back to a pass-heavy attack was in question.Kiffin didn’t overreact, however, and continued to allow the duo to salt away the clock for the duration of the contest.“The two backs ran hard right from the beginning,” Kiffin said. “We put the ball on the ground one time, but other than that [we played well].”Redd, who averaged a mere 1.3 yards per carry against Stanford, was pleased with how the offensive line and running backs worked in tandem to bounce back from a dispiriting performance.“[The offensive line and running backs] had their best week of practice,” Redd said of the week leading up the Cal game. “They came out firing and really hit [Cal] in the mouth right from the first snap. We didn’t let our foot off the pedal.”Entering the bye week, USC’s offense can pull confidence from its showing against Cal, knowing that, no matter what kind of defensive schemes it encounters, it can adjust accordingly and score points using different players and plays.“We all know we can throw the ball well if we want to and that we have the great skilled players in the receiving game to do that,” Kiffin said in his weekly Sunday conference call. “But it was more critical for this team to build confidence in the offensive line and running backs.”last_img read more

New guidelines on gangs provide room for reform

first_imgDefending the use of court injunctions to prevent violence among Los Angeles’ 11,000 gang members, City Attorney Rocky Delgadillo issued new guidelines Monday for administering the program, including steps that young people can take to get off the list of offenders. Delgadillo’s office will review the injunctions every three years to ensure they are not overreaching in their intent, he said. In addition, those whose names appear in an injunction can petition his office for removal. “We think we have developed a model that will be used across the country for prosecutors seeking to control gangs, while protecting the civil rights of individuals,” Delgadillo said at a Parker Center news conference where he was joined by several City Council members and police officials. Councilman Tony Cardenas, who chairs the council’s Ad Hoc Committee on Gang Violence, said the new guidelines alleviate a concern he has had for months on the impact of the gang injunctions. Police Commission President John Mack, former head of the Urban League of Los Angeles, praised the new guidelines, saying they recognize that criminals can reform their behavior. “It’s important for us to demonstrate to the community that we are listening to them,” Mack said. Councilwoman Janice Hahn, whose district has seen seven fatal shootings in just a month, said she appreciated the policy change. “Last year, I asked Chief (William) Bratton and John Mack and the City Attorney’s Office to meet with the community to discuss the concerns with the way the injunctions are being used,” Hahn said. “I believe it was past time to evaluate how a person is removed from the list, once he turns his life around.” Previously, an individual had to appear before a judge, admit to being a gang member and seek to be removed – a procedure most rejected out of fear of being held liable for any crimes. “We now have an easier procedure for them,” Delgadillo said. “But it will still be the toughest decision any of them make.” ACLU staff attorney Hector Vellagra said his organization is concerned about the procedures used to identify gang members and will be monitoring the implementation of the guidelines. “This is better than what the city had before, but it seems like the burden of proof remains on individuals to prove they are not gang members,” Vellagra said. “The gang injunction is a very powerful tool where the city gets to impose restrictions as if someone was on probation.” [email protected] (213) 978-0390160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! “I was never so upset in my life as I was when I heard there was no way for young people to get off this gang list,” Cardenas said. “I was flabbergasted. We have young people who have moved across the country, gone to college and graduated and they’re still on the gang injunction list.” The city now has injunctions in place against 25 gangs, prohibiting their members from loitering and gathering in various locations. Delgadillo defended the use of the restraining orders, saying they’ve helped reduce gang crime as much as 50 percent in the targeted areas. While the injunctions are an important tool for law enforcement, Councilwoman Jan Perry said many community groups are afraid to seek a court order against gangs because of the stigma attached to it. “People are concerned that it criminalizes an entire area,” Perry said. last_img read more

SWILLY ROVERS LOSE APPEAL OVER RACIST ALLEGATIONS

first_imgSwilly Rovers Football Club have lost their appeal to have sanctions and a €1,000 fine lifted by the FAI in the aftermath of racist allegations at Swilly Park.The club will now consider other avenues of appeal to have the sanctions overturned in the controversy involving an Under 15 SFAI Cup game against Castlebar Celtic played on March 1st.A player, Thierry Baba and his club alleged that he was racially abused at the game – a claim strenuously denied by the Donegal club. The Tirconail Tribune reports the appeal was heard on Tuesday on the decision of the Schoolboys Football Association of Ireland to hit Swilly with a €1,000 fine and ban from playing any more home matches this season in national underage cup competitions.On Wednesday morning Swilly Chairperson Edward Diver confirmed news of the FAI’s decision not to overturn the sanctions.  He added that it would now be a matter for the club to decide whether to explore other possible appeal avenues or legal options in relation to their case.Mr Diver declined to make any further comment on the matter until after a formal club meeting was held to discuss the FAI decision.Swilly officials including Chairperson Edward Diver, Secretary Mick Geever, Schoolboys Secretary P.J. Kavanagh and U-15 managers Tony McNamee and Brian Harte attended the appeal hearing at the FAI Headquarters in Abbottstown on Tuesday and were accompanied by solicitor Seamus Gunn. While Mr Diver said he was pleased with the way their case had been heard by the FAI Appeals Committee there is understandable disappointment within the club that at least some of the sanctions were not lifted.The only minor alteration to the initial punishment handed down is that €500 of the original €1,000 fine is to be paid to a national anti-racism programme.The appeal was heard on Tuesday after Swilly had sought a deferral of the hearing, which was originally scheduled for last Friday in order to deal with a large volume of documentation that was been received in relation to the alleged racist chanting towards Thierry Baba during an U-15 cup game against Castlebar Celtic at the beginning of March in Ramelton.The original sanctions were handed down by the Schoolboys Football Association of Ireland (SFAI) following a disciplinary meeting in Dublin three weeks ago.Swilly has also been ordered to undertake an FAI Intercultural Racism programme. As a result of the appeal the Ramelton side’s U-15 SFAI Cup quarter-final game against Kerry’s Kingdom Boys scheduled for March 22nd at a neutral venue in Lucan, Dublin did not go ahead.The match had originally been a home game for Swilly until the disciplinary sanctions were handed down. The rescheduling of that game will depend on what course of action the Swilly Rovers Club now decide upon after their appeal was turned down.SWILLY ROVERS LOSE APPEAL OVER RACIST ALLEGATIONS was last modified: April 3rd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Castlebar CelticSFAIswilly roversThierry Babalast_img read more