Category Archives: nqyerkxri

Masks on as German children start new schoolyear under virus cloud

first_imgWith infection numbers once again creeping up, fears are rising that the new school start could yet prove temporary.But officials warn that children cannot afford to miss more school. “The children need to be present in school because we have to prevent more lost time,” Steffen Kaestner, headteacher of the CJD Jugenddorf-Christophorus school in Rostock, told AFP.Strict rules have been drawn up to limit transmission of the new coronavirus, with cases across Germany rising above 500 per day in recent weeks. Different age groups are being taught separately, so that if a pupil tests positive, only one class will have to go into quarantine and the rest of the school can remain open. Masks must be worn in the corridors, classrooms regularly ventilated and pupils are required to wash their hands regularly and avoid hugging. CJD has 1,350 students aged 9-18. Only two are missing, a decision by their parents, “who belong to a risk group,” said the headteacher, but all the teachers are present.Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania has so far been the German state least hit by the coronavirus, with only 20 deaths out of a total 9,148 in Germany since the beginning of the crisis. Thousands of children in northern Germany became the first in Europe to begin a new school year on Monday, with the rest of the country watching anxiously as full-time classes began after months of curtailed hours over the coronavirus pandemic.Masks will be a daily accessory for some of the 150,000 children returning to school in the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania region, Germany’s first state to reopen the school gates after the summer holidays.Education ministers of Germany’s 16 states had agreed that schools will reopen full-time after the summer break, after offering only partial hours in the weeks when the lockdown was eased.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Governor Wolf Statement on First Meeting of Justice Reinvestment Initiative Working Group

first_img Criminal Justice Reform,  Government That Works,  Statement Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf released the following statement on the first meeting of the Justice Reinvestment Initiative (JRI) Working Group:“Today’s first Working Group meeting illustrates the depth and breadth of the problems facing our criminal justice system and the incredible opportunity we have to save money, improve public safety and promote fairness with this phase of the Justice Reinvestment Initiative in Pennsylvania. The working group is made up of a diverse and robust representation of the stakeholders in our criminal justice system from arrest, trial, sentencing, incarceration, and post-release.“The front-end focus of this phase of JRI will require significant work to find common ground but today’s meeting proves that we are all committed to finding ways to reform our criminal justice system based on research and focused on outcomes that improve public safety. I look forward to the work that will be done with our partners at the Council of State Governments over the next year and working in a bi-partisan, data-driven way to make real criminal justice reform a reality.”In February, Governor Tom Wolf, leaders of the General Assembly and criminal justice stakeholders announced the formation of the JRI Working Group. Today’s meeting was led by Chair of the JRI Working Group and Chairman of the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency Josh Shapiro and Vice Chair and Secretary of Corrections John Wetzel, along with representatives from the Council of State Government. JRI work is funded by the Pew Charitable Trusts and the United States Department of Justice.You can find a copy of the presentation of data compiled by the Council of State Governments here.Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf SHARE Email Facebook Twitter March 09, 2016center_img Governor Wolf Statement on First Meeting of Justice Reinvestment Initiative Working Grouplast_img read more

Girl Guides Teach and Learn Healthy Lifestyles with Weekend Health Fair

first_img Tweet The Girl Guides Association of Dominica winds down its 90th anniversary celebrations with a health fair this weekend.A collaboration with the Ministry of Health and themed, ‘Our Health, Our Wealth, Time to Take Control‘, the fair takes place this Saturday.Marcia Dublin of the Girl Guides Association of Dominica says the association realised that the adoption of healthy lifestyles in Dominica requires more encouragement and support even among the Girl Guides.Dublin said, “When the [girls]come to meetings, we notice the snacks that they bring. When we go camping, the sort of things that they bring along with them, and even what they ask for on the menu. We realized that this is very serious. Overall, at the national level as well, we noticed the concern in reference to non-communicable diseases, the threatening situation of cancer among very young persons, and the situation of HIV among our very young, working class persons. That has raised a bit of concern for us,” she shared.“Also the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts have raised a number of issues in relation to healthy lifestyles. We realized because of this, that as part of our 90th Anniversary, we need to focus a bit on healthy lifestyle.”Dublin says the association wanted to reach out to the public in an impactful way.Dublin said, “Throughout the years, we have always been highlighting at our meetings with the girls the need for healthy eating, the need also to maintain a healthy lifestyle and because of that we realized that we needed to do something. In order to do something at a national level, we thought it would be best if we could collaborate with the Ministry of Health. We were indeed so happy that they embraced the invitation.”On Saturday, patrons will have access to health checks and counselling services, as well as activities for children.The association labels it as a family event and encourages the general public to participate.It takes place on the Dame Eugenia Charles Boulevard from 9am to 3pm.The Girl Guides Association of Dominica was started in 1929 and to date has 700 members across the island.In 1987 it became an associate member of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts, and attained full membership in 2008. Sharing is caring! 57 Views   no discussions LifestyleLocalNews Girl Guides Teach and Learn Healthy Lifestyles with Weekend Health Fair by: – December 12, 2019center_img Share Share Sharelast_img read more

New RTC judge to handle PECO expropriation case

first_imgGaspar would be the fourth judge tohandle the case following Judge Yvette Go of RTC, Branch 37; Judge Gelveson aspairing judge when Go went on leave; and Amular. RTC, Branch 35’s Judge Daniel AntonioGerardo Amular decided to inhibit from the case. In seeking the expropriation of PECO’sassets, MORE Power cited Section 10 of RA 11212 and Rule 67 Section 2 of theRevised Rules of Court authorizing it to take possession of, exercise controlover, and manage and operate all of the power distribution assets in IloiloCity. MORE Power filed the expropriationcase against PECO in March 2019 a month after President Rodrigo Duterte singedMORE Power’s franchise law (Republic Act 11212) as new power distributor inIloilo City. The city’s new power distributor alsopetitioned the court to determine the reasonable value of PECO’s powerdistribution system assets for just compensation, then order the transfer ofthe ownership of these upon payment of a just compensation. Judge Gelvezon approved the re-raffle. “Notwithstanding that the PresidingJudge performs his duties in accordance with the conscientious dictate of hisconscience and the applicable provisions of law, it has come to a point thatwhatever judgment the Presiding Judge would render in the case would not beaccepted by either the plaintiff or the defendant or maybe tainted with bias,”according to Amular. PECO, on the other hand, questionedthe constitutionality of RA 11212, specifically the sections on expropriation. The expropriation of PECO’s assets inits favor, according to MORE Power, would allow it to “immediately address andcorrect poor services, overcharging, frequent brownouts, expensive rates, oldand unsafe facilities and practices, and other service deficiencies that thiscity’s power users and consumers had long suffered.”center_img “Since the court is the leastunderstood as an institution in the discharge of its function, the lack ofunderstanding of the rules and procedures in connection thereto would affectthe integrity of our courts to uphold the rule of law,” lamented Amular. By MORE Power’s own estimate, however,PECO’s power distribution system is valued at P481,842,450 – way below PECO’sprevious claim that its assets are worth at least P2 billion. In an order dated Jan. 15, Amularstated he opted to have the case re-raffled after consulting Executive JudgeVictor Gelvezon. The case was re-raffled to the sala ofRTC, Branch 33 of Judge Ma. Theresa Gaspar on Monday. PECO’s power distribution franchiseexpired on Jan. 19, 2019./PN MORE Power asked RTC, Branch 37 toissue a writ of possession authorizing it to take immediate control, operation,use, and disposition of PECO’s power distribution system assets. ILOILO City – A new Regional TrialCourt (RTC) branch and a new judge will be handling the expropriation casefiled by MORE Electric and Power Corp. (MORE Power) against Panay Electric Co.(PECO).last_img read more

City records 7th COVID case; were protocols breached?

first_imgMayor Jerry Treñas himself announcedthis latest COVID-19 case yesterday. He said he was “saddened.” * Bacolod City – eight * Iloilo City – seven The mayor apparently knew and wasclose to the patient. He said she was a daughter of his City Legal Officer,Atty. Edgar Gil, in an interview over DyFM Bombo Radyo. It was unclear if the patient knew shewas positive for COVID-19 already while in Metro Manila, or if she was testedthere before returning to Iloilo City. “Angcase tanga nag-positive isa ka taga-syudad.Nagpauli bangod napatay ang iloy. Sang naglisensya sia sa aton nga mapauli,indi tani magsugot ang aton COVID-19 team, galing may chance ngamaulayhun sia kag puede madala,” admitted Treñas. The number of COVID-19 mortalities inthe region is now at eight, said Reyes. Meanwhile, the number of recoveries isat 11 (Aklan, two; Capiz, two; Iloilo province, three; Negros Occidental, one;Bacolod City, two; and Iloilo City, one)./PN The woman was allowed to hitch on aprivate plane commissioned by the city government to get COVID-19 test kitsfrom Metro Manila last week, said Treñas. Treñas said a confirmatory test wassubsequently conducted. The patient tested positive again for the virus andthus became the region’s 55th case, and this city’s seventh case. The six other confirmed cases ofCOVID-19 in the   city were thefollowing: * Guimaras – zero When the patient reached the city,Treñas said, she was subjected to a rapid test. The result: she was positivefor SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. * 59-year-old male fromMandurriao (region’s Patient No. 34) The mortalities were in Capiz (one),Iloilo province (four), Bacolod City (two), and Iloilo City (one). * 61-year-old from Mandurriao(region’s Patient No. 3), recovered ILOILO City – This city has recordedits seventh confirmed case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), a51-year-old woman from La Paz district with a history of travel to MetroManila.center_img COVIDCASES IN WV NOW 55 The case, Western Visayas’ Patient No.55, was asymptomatic and currently on home quarantine, said Treñas. He was the region’s Patient No. 54,said Dr. Renilyn Reyes, head of the Public Health Program Development Clusterof the Department of Health (DOH) Region 6. Treñas, however, assured Ilonggos thatthe patient “followed protocols upon arrival, in strict home quarantine, andwas not exposed to other people.” * Aklan – six Aside from the 51-year-old woman fromLa Paz district, the other new COVID case in Western Visayas was a 69-year-oldmale from Bacolod City who died on April 9 at a hospital there before his testresult came out yesterday. * Capiz – five * 72-year-old male from Mandurriao (region’sPatient No. 11), died As of yesterday, here’s the breakdownof the region’s cases per area: * Negros Occidental – two * Antique – nine * 44-year-old male from La Paz(region’s Patient No. 40) * 44-year-old male from Jaro (region’sPatient No. 17) * 77-year-old female from Jaro(region’s Patient No. 48) * Iloilo province – 18last_img read more

Versailles man arrested after falling asleep in drive-thru

first_imgBATESVILLE, Ind. — A Versailles man has been arrested after falling asleep in a McDonalds drive-thru.According to Batesville Police, Thomas J. McConnell, II, 34, was arrested on the charges of Dealing in Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine, and Possession of Paraphernalia.Police responded to a call regarding a person who fell asleep in the drive-thru.McConnell woke up and drove to a parking spot in the lot before falling back to sleep.Police were able to make contact with McConnell and noticed a glass pipe and a butane torch.A search of the vehicle also revealed methamphetamine, marijuana, smoking pipes, plastic bags, cash, and a digital scale.last_img

Victor Osimhen gets new apartment in Naples

first_imgOsimhen has been living in a hotel since he joined the team last month, but he’s now set to move into his new home in Posillipo, before the start of the new season.The report also revealed that the Nigeria international Osimhen will live with his girlfriend Stephanie in Posillipo.At the last bcount, the 21-year-old Osimhen has been impressive for Napoli in pre-season so far, netting back-to-back hat-trick in wins against L’Aquila Calcio 1927 and Teramo.Read Also: PSG thought about buying Messi- LeonardoThe former Lille forward will hope to hit the ground running when the new Serie A season kick-off in the next couple of weeks.Napoli will trade tackles with Parma in two weeks’ time and Osimhen will be one of the players to watch during the encounter.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 According to Italian tabloid La Gazzetta Dello Sport the Napoli record signing has gotten an apartment in the chic neighborhood of Posillipo in Naples. Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe7 Worst Things To Do To Your Phone11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend BetterIncredible Discoveries That Puzzled The Whole WorldWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Amazing Characters We Wish Were Official Disney PrincessesA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”How Couldn’t You See The Impact Of These Women On Our Lives? Loading… Victor Osimhen has finally found a new apartment days after resuming pre-season training with his new club Napoli.Advertisementlast_img read more

FL man snips off and flees with penis of wife’s lover

first_imgA Florida man allegedly used scissors to cut off the penis of a man he suspected of sleeping with his wife.The Gilchrist County Sheriff’s Office arrested 49-year-old Alex Bonilla Sunday for allegedly breaking into the victim’s house, holding him at gunpoint and tying him up before mutilating him.The unnamed victim was transported to a hospital in stable condition.He told deputies Bonilla fled the scene with his severed penis.Bonilla was arrested a couple of hours, and authorities did not specify whether the victim’s penis was recovered.He is being held on a $1.25 million bond.last_img

ASQ (UK) Launches Football Agents Development Training in Nigeria

first_img“There are lots of agents in Nigeria, but the fact remains that they do not know what to do when it comes to international business player management.The Level Three Certificate in Football Intermediary program is to empower the intermediaries in the areas of identification, marketing, protection and management of players thereby helping them to get out the best out of the playing careers”, Adeosun, who also is an English FA licenced Intermediary added.In his own contribution, an internationally renowned football intermediary and player manager, Viola said that ASQ had identified the need for such a training and certification to support and encourage budding football agents to get their acts right. Viola who was part of the success careers of players like Luis Figo and Roberto Carlos noted that the training would help those looking to succeed in the complex but lucratively rewarding profession of player management.On his own part, Philip McTaggart, another established player manager advised that intermediaries should embrace the ASQ training for the general interest of football. ”Aside getting the ability to sell quality players, participating in the ASQ development training will avail the agents the many advantages including a rich global network. The participants will learn the rudiments and dynamics of the global football market thereby reduce the incidences of Nigerian players being rejects abroad”, McTaggart concludedThe ASQ “Level Three Certificate in Football Intermediary” qualificationwas created in partnership with ProQual, a UK skills and training awarding body, regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The various courses which will be holding in Nigeria at different times will open empower the participants to practice and be recognised globally.According to the Executive Director of ASQ, Mr Adedayo Adeniyi the App, ‘ASQ Sports Hub’ is already available on the Android store while the IOS version will be out soon. He added that the hub has a lot to offer already accredited football intermediaries as well as aspiring ones, scouts and players who which to be scouted too.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram A UK-based company, ASQ Training and Development, has launched a mobile application App for a “Level Three Certificate in Football Intermediary” qualification, to train and support budding football agents and players.The ASQ Group Managing Director, Samson Adeosun, in the company of renowned football intermediaries and players’ representatives, John Viola and Philip McTaggart, made this known at a news conference in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria at the weekend. Adeosun said that there were lots of football agents in Nigeria and Africa, but that unfortunately, majority had no proper experience coupled with bad reputation due to unscrupulous activities of a few.​“The idea for a developmental program for football intermediaries was born out of my personal experience. It was after I get my intermediary licence from the English FA that I realized that I virtually did not know what next to doand this is the experience of most agents in Africa” Adeosun noted. He added that though there are no stringent qualifications before someone is allowed to represent players but it is important that individual agents acquire knowledgeand skills that will make them effective and productive in the player management value chain.last_img read more